Great Demands before an Average Youths
There are several uncommon demands that are before average youth In Genera Y, In order to attain success and meet up with our heart’s desires, there are so many steps we must take in the right direction positively. We must be conscious of what we do when we do them, and where we do them. Every great people take responsibility for their lives and understand early to initiate the following steps;
Dare the Impossible
The first step towards greatness is your mindset; the way you think, the way you reason and approach issues. Personally, I believe that if people must believe in you, then you must give them a reason to. We must make use of our brains to the extreme; we must strive to face critical challenges and overcome them.
Take for instance, before an appointment is offered to any staff in Generation Y, maximum experience is always required, because they attach more importance to realities than pursuing unrealizable goals. This is obviously the first challenge faced by youths of generation y; resources are diminishing while the world population is on a rapid rise, almost at its peak.
Destructive activities to make ends meet increase on a daily basis, while every second reduces the life span of planet earth. For the fact that almost everything has been invented and made available at almost cheap rates, pioneering anything is such a difficult task that nobody wants to dare.
So, in a world like this, the first meaningful tip to success is to leave the long line of ordinary men who believe that the struggle for survival is not important because the provision for all needs has been made available. Leave this queue and dare what seems impossible to others.
Believe In Your Self
Many talents have been wasted in capable bodies because of the fear to embrace who they really are. Most of my fellow youths are not confident in themselves and their worth. For instance, when I was teaching immediately after my secondary school days, whenever I asked a question in the class, I knew that some students knew the answer to it.
But they lacked the courage and confidence to stand up and answer the question. If unfortunately, you are among this class of people, you must change that orientation about yourself now. Seriously, if you have a wrong mindset about yourself, it will only drag you backward and possibly lead you towards the path of self-destruction.
You don’t have to be right all the time, but that should not make you frame your mindset that you will always be wrong. The secret to success and achieving greatness that most great men have discovered is the ability to believe in oneself. You must possess the inner drive to do daring things that have not been done.
Like I have said earlier, almost all the corners of the world have been explored and inventions are almost at their highest point. So, in this case, to discover something you can start up and pioneer, to locate an opportunity in an unexplored sector, you must be totally confident in yourself and your ideas.
Being confident in yourself is not all about achieving superiority over others by all means; it is not about underestimating others or possessing pride. It’s about achieving personal greatness by becoming the fundamental reason for certain things to happen and such things eventually give ways to influence the lives of others.
Learn About Your Personal Potentials
First of all, you must understand that potential is not a static concept. In simple terms, potential can be referred to as the composite set of talents and skills that anybody has at a given point in time. Usually, a person’s potential is first observed by objective observers such as parents, teachers, mentors, and others that are privileged to be close to the person’s early life.
To a reasonable extent, every child begins to learn of his potential at an early stage in life, mostly by hearing what others say about him. These early comments about a child, to a large extent, have much effect on the child’s possible abilities- it either builds his confidence in himself or mars it.
Anybody who wants to succeed must learn early in life that his potential is a vast pool of some type, little like a lake, but has a bottom so deep that no one can see it from the surface. Every man has inbuilt potentials that he may not even be able to finish exploring throughout his lifetime; these potentials serve as a recipe for achieving personal greatness.
Some scholars, however, are of the view that even if one cannot finish exploring his potential, a person can easily attain personal greatness if he realizes early what his potentials are, thereby exerting enough energy, effort, and time towards them.
They believe that potential is static meanwhile, looking closely at opportunities in Generation Y, it seems that the initial concepts of potential have shifted. It’s almost like potentials have now changed dramatically from a “static” concept to a “folding” concept. There are so many available means to explore our potential now.
Funny enough, with this new folding concept of potential, the more you explore and put your talents to use, the more skills you develop. Subsequently, our potential becomes even greater for discovering and developing our talents and skills. There is no end or terminating point in the journey towards developing our potential. With the quest of youths made easier, as you strive to explore your potential, you will get to discover the following;
- The journey to discovering the real greatness in you is filled with hurdles and obstacles of various types. Though you must prove your efficiency by standing the test of time if you must achieve personal greatness, it’s always advisable to dare things that may give you a major breakthrough.
- The more you discover that you are capable of accomplishing things that seem impossible to you before, the more energy and zeal you will accomplish more, and the more you will strive to discover your hidden talents.
- With the new folding concept of potentials in Generation Y, one never gets his ideas exhausted or run out of talent: because the more you accomplish things, the more the gauge of your ideas re-fill and the more the zeal to do more emerges.
- So, with these new concepts we tend to achieve more than our predecessors, because the more things you achieve, the more success tips you are exposed to, and the more urge you have to utilize them, and
- The more you succeed in one area of your life, the more you will want to succeed in the other areas.
- With our new folding concept of potential, success is the new mother of invention. When you succeed in your struggle for success, you feel fulfilled and you put in more effort until you break new ground. Your potential is like extra energy in your conscience. It drives you forward, and it often convinces you that you can do more.
- It compels you to act, grow, and explore things wider. For instance, the more you study, the more you learn things that you have never learned, and the more enthusiastic and driven you to become to learn more. Everyone appears to be humbly stupid, but even the most stupid is filled with potential that he can never finish offloading in a lifetime.
Potentials give us the zeal to see ourselves objectively and optimistically; the more we see things we are on the journey of self-discovery and probably, self-actualization. Those who seek personal greatness and uncommon success are often energized by what they can do, have not done, and are yet to do. They put a large emphasis on the yet-to.
All the world’s great achievers are widely optimistic and deeply challenged by their abilities that are yet to be realized, fulfilled, and exercised. They are not in the least discouraged by what they cannot do; rather they are always motivated to turn difficulties into opportunities.
There are no words such as “impossibility” in their world. They are driven by the desire to be all that they can be and all that they know it’s good to be. Meanwhile, they are never in any way scared by the vastness of challenges that may lie in their nearest future, because they are always determined to make daring choices that ordinary men may not be able to make.